Gifts That Make An Impact Now


You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Unbound. This is an effective way to satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution and immediately make room for more good in the world.

Here’s how it works:

  • You must be 70½ or older.
  • An individual may transfer up to a total of $105,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $210,000.
  • An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $53,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
  • Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Unbound.
  • Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Unbound, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
  • The transfer of funds counts toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.

If you would like to use this popular way to support Unbound, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator hereBe sure to request that your name and member ID number is included on the check from your financial institution.

Grant request from a Donor Advised Fund

Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) are one of the most convenient ways to support a cause you care about with the flexibility you desire. Not only are you able to see your gift in action, now you may enjoy tax benefits from strategically using your fund to itemize and claim your charitable deduction.

To learn more, request our FREE planning resources.

You can initiate a grant recommendation from your DAF now by clicking the “Give now from a Donor Advised Fund” link. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.

Memorial or Tribute Gift

When you make a memorial or tribute gift to Unbound and honor someone special in your life, you’re expressing your love, admiration and gratitude in a very meaningful way. Your gift will honor your loved one and send resources around the world where they are most needed.

You can make a memorial or tribute gift with any type of gift, i.e., with cash; appreciated securities; real estate; personal property; through your will or trust; by beneficiary designation; or with a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust.

To discuss the ways you can honor someone special to you through a memorial or tribute gift, please contact Michael J. Calabria, CAP®, Planned Giving Director, directly at 800-875-6564 or by email at

Gifts of Real Estate

You can donate appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property. This is an easy and effective way to reduce your taxes, protect your assets, and give opportunities for parents, children and elders to start on the path out of poverty. What’s more, you can leave this generous gift while you continue to use the property throughout your lifetime and you may receive a tax deduction for your gift.

Gifts of Securities

You can use stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to continue to support those in need. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.

Download Stock Transfer Instructions

Gifts of Cash

A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Unbound. You benefit from a charitable tax deduction while you invest in the dreams of students and the communities where they live. You can make your gift online with our secure online donation form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:


1 Elmwood Ave.

Kansas City, KS 66103

If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.

Creative Ways to Make a Major Impact

Gifts That Cost You Nothing Now

Gifts That Pay You Income


Gifts That Reduce Your Taxes

Gifts That Make an Impact Now

Complimentary Gift Planning Resources are Just a Click Away!