Gifts That Pay You Income
With a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, you can empower parents, children and elders while earning an income from your gift.
Charitable Gift Annuities
Benefits to you include:
- An attractive payout with lifetime income that can also include a spouse.
- An income stream that can be received on an annual or quarterly basis.
- A portion of the payout will be tax-free.
- An immediate charitable income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- The unused portion of your gift passes to Unbound outside of the estate process.
- You create your legacy of empowering parents, children and elders living in poverty.
You may choose to defer the income you receive until a future date by establishing a deferred charitable gift annuity.
Similar to a standard charitable gift annuity, this method allows you to postpone the first payment to a date of your choice. At the time of your gift, you still receive an immediate tax deduction, but you can choose to defer the start of income payments you receive from Unbound.
Many of our supporters like this option because it allows them to save money for future expenses or plans, such as retirement. This is also a great option if you’re someone who wants to support Unbound and save funds for your loved ones or sponsored friend(s).
Charitable Remainder Trusts
You can receive income for life for you and your family while reducing your taxes and empowering families in need.
By using assets or cash to fund a trust, you receive income and an income tax deduction the year in which you transfer your assets. The remaining portion of the trust, after all payments have been made, comes to Unbound.
Benefits to you include each of the following:
- Receive income for life for you or your heirs.
- Income has a chance to grow as trust assets grow.
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Unlike when you sell your funding asset and pay taxes out of the proceeds, 100% of the funding asset is available to generate income payments.
- Receive an immediate tax deduction for the charitable portion of the trust.
- Create your legacy of supporting the marginalized to achieve their goals in the midst of challenging circumstances.